Baba G’s is a London based Street food company. We have been on the ever growing scene for the last 6 years and this year are expanding into new and exciting areas. Baba G’s mixes well loved Indian street food with a very British twist. We pride ourselves on being a vibrant & colourful trader, always delivering on taste. We have built a following from our amazing aromas and taste sensations. At Baba G’s our food always packs a punch. We cater all sorts of events from markets to music festivals, private and corporate catering. We can pretty much rock up anywhere and trade. We use a range of different set ups from our vibrant pink van “Guptara" to bespoke semi-permanent set ups to the standard gazebo.
This spring we are looking to take on some new dedicated enthusiastic & friendly crew members to help expand Baba G’s throughout the summer and beyond. Some of our staff have been with us since the beginning and it is important we find the right people/person out there to fit in and become part of the team. Baba G’s are looking for 2 different job roles.
1) Event staff to work for us regularly at events
2) A Baba G'B '(event manager) to take on all aspects of running our events.
You must be based in London or have easy access to the city – this is where much of our work is and where our unit is based. Hours are long with sometimes very late finishes, so you need to be able to get home! We are based in Bermondsey South London and you will be expected to travel to and from the unit or to meet us at events which ever suits the job. If you are a manager you will need to drive and your day will ultimately start and end at the unit. Or if in one of our permanent sites, to travel to and from the site.
We have a unique and strong brand Baba G’s which is an umbrella company for “Bhangra burger “and soon to be launched “Shack tandoor” among others. You can find Baba G’s trading as part of the leading street food events in London “Streetfeastldn and KERB along with festivals & events across the UK. Our Lamb jalfrezi burger has been listed as one of “Timeout’s” top must have dishes in London since 2012.
Skill sets Baba G’s is looking for
Baba G’s event manager
- Great organisational skills, ability to set up and be responsible for operations in a number of settings
- Ability to guide and manage a team
- Reliable extremely important
- Ability to keep cool and work under pressure
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a view to growing with the company
- Understanding of a working kitchen and good basic cooking skills
- Able to organising unit space, sort deliveries, load and unload events.
- Technical skills for LPG gas, building stalls, rigging electric, basic health and safety
- Will need to have or pass NCASS level 2 food hygiene (can be arranged)
- Full clean driving licence
- Availability and flexibility ( hours can be long and weekend always included)
- Got to have banter communication is key in all areas of A Baba G manager
- Great communication skills/ got to have banter
- Able to work under pressure of a busy service
- Flexible with good availability
- Attention to detail
- Quick learner able to take direction well
- Basic cooking skills a plus
- Ability to deal with long hours and late nights
We have a talented team we are proud of and want to grow so finding the right people is key. Throughout the summer you will experience a variety of events and working venues. It is a fast paced environment, great fun hard work but ultimately rewarding, no day is ever the same. Baba G’s is set to expand in 2015 and we need good people on board who believe in our brand, our vision and our future. if this is you please get in touch.
Please email Alec @ firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a quick blurb about yourself please make clear which role you are applying for.